Buytopia.ca and Yogurty’s are in denial. Someone didn’t tell them that the days have grown shorter, the nights colder, and our city kinda miserable until the weather takes a turn for the better about six months from now.
But maybe that’s why we need people in denial — to remind us of better times before we had to bundle up in layers to battle the cold, only to overheat and sweat profusely while on the subway. Before the office mysteriously cleared out at 4 PM with people frantically trying to reach the safety of their homes before night falls.
Yes, my friends — Buytopia and Yogurty’s are teaming up to kick it back to summer with their #BUYogurtys campaign! For $5, you can get $10 worth of frozen yogurt goodness!
Which is good, because while delicious, froyo can get very costly, very quickly!
The Down Low on Froyo
For any of you who’ve yet to experience the magic of froyo, this is how it works:
- You enter the froyo establishment and select a cup size
- There is no one here doling the froyo out for you such as what would happen at an ice cream parlour — no, friends; you march right up to the froyo dispensers and get as much of that delicious dessert as your little heart desires! (Or as much as your cup can hold — whichever comes first.)
- But the froyo is only part of the experience — next comes the toppings! With 86 possible flavours and 61 toppings, you’re looking at 86(61!), or 43,651,898,393,441,332,696,873,685,847,189,769,541,436,389,492,971,096,266,548,910,795,364,761,600,000,000,000,000 combinations, not including combos where you get even crazier and combine two froyo flavours in the same bowl! (They have dispensers where you can serve two flavours at once — it’s totally a thing!)
- Now that you’re ready to get your froyo and eat it too, it’s time to take it to the cashier and pay the piper! Too bad they charge by weight, huh? (Your mother did always warn you that your eyes were bigger than your stomach!) Good thing you have those Buytopia.ca vouchers with you, or this could get a lot more expensive!
Why You Should Get Your Froyo Fix at Yogurty’s
Yogurty’s is a Canadian froyo joint 20 years in the making, striving to supply frozen yogurt with an amazing variety of flavours and toppings. The froyo flavours have farm-fresh Canadian milk; you can choose between low-fat or no-fat, or gluten-free or kosher (all with added probiotics); and are calorie-friendly and rich in nutrients, such as calcium, vitamin B2, and potassium! Other things that make it a winning choice include:
- Low-fat froyo® flavours like Chocolate Truffle Explosion, Oreo® Explosion, Dulce de Leche, Salted Caramel, Triple Butter Pecan, Pear Sorbet and Coconut Madness;
- Toppings like fresh-cut strawberries, peanut butter cups, cheesecake bites or cookie dough bites or brownie bites, add fresh whipped cream, then drizzle with gourmet chocolate or caramel sauce;
- A selection of dairy-free sorbets; and
- Holiday flavours like Peppermint Snowflake, Gingerbread Cookie, and Roasted Marshmallow!
If you’ve never tried froyo, Yogurty’s is a great place to start!
How to Get Loco for Froyo
So why not be in denial like us and treat yourself to a tasty treat that’s more nutritious than several of its chilled counterparts (before all the toppings, of course)? The vouchers are valid from December 6, 2013 to May 6, 2014, so they’re great for anything from stocking stuffers to taking a spring fling* out for something flavourful!
*Note: As a married man, I cannot condone spring flings in writing. But who knows what you crazy kids get up to these days?
So go loco for froyo, and try it out by stocking up on some half-price vouchers! With 46 locations across the country, you’re never far from the cool taste of froyo.